Sydney Based Registered Nurse Jobs
Registered Nurse, Community In-Home Aged Care
Due to expansion, we have a position for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our team.
Equally, we can be flexible for the right nurse, with the right skill set. You could work shorter days e.g. 10am to 4pm or work 3 or 4 days a week.
The role is to guide our clients to live their best life, for all their days by:
- Assessing new clients, using clinically validated tools;
- Based on the ACAT Assessment and your assessments, you will conduct risk-assessments and write a care plan for their Government Funded Home Care Package funding, including strategies to reduce/ manage risk and achieve their goals;
- Conduct face to face reviews of clients’ health, updating their clinical assessments; and discuss the achievement of their wellness and re-enabling goals and set new goals.
The successful candidate:
- This is a community role, so you are willing to drive to client homes to inform/educate/sign-up Government Funded Clients with a Home Care Package (HCP).
- Ability to liaise with hospital-based health professionals, GPs and independent allied health professionals and advocate for clients;
- Good knowledge of the health needs of clients living with a dementia, Parkinson’s and other age-related conditions;
- Have a scope of practice such that you can provide clinical nursing services such as wound care (skin tears, pressure areas & complex wounds) and medication administration as determined by the Palliative Care Dr or their GP / Specialist; and
- Able to work as part of a team.
Essentials required for this role:
- Current AHPRA Registration, Registered Nurse, Division 1 General – with at least 3 years’ experience.
- A current driver’s licence – we will provide a car, iPad and iPhone.
- Good computer and typing skills to use Word to write up Care Plans and Reviews.
- Email skills using Outlook to book appointments.
- Strong ability to communicate with clients, their families, their health professionals and our Registered Nurses, Management and Care Managers;
- You must be self-driven & self-managing.
- You must be a great communicator with Care Managers and Management.
- You MUST be fully vaccinated with Covid-19 vaccine.
- You must have a warm, calm, empathetic personality and driven to make a difference to lives of older adults wanting to remain in their home for all their days.
By becoming an Aged Care Carer you will pay no tax on $36,750 each year which means you will have up to $5,500 more in your pocket.
It’s a win, win and you can help elderly people stay at home.
Why work for Daughterly Care?
Daughterly Care Community Services Limited is a leading provider of in-home care which enables older people to stay in their own home for all their life. We started 22 years ago as a dementia specialist care company and we are highly recommended.
We passionately care about helping older people remain in their own comfortable home for life.
We provide our clients with a small team of trained Caregivers and Nurses so we truly deliver relationship-based care of the highest order.
We care like daughters.