Travel worry free – there is no need to place your elderly loved one in a nursing home
We provide wonderful in home respite care services so you can travel worry free.
- Most complaints made to the Aged Care Complaints Scheme are about nursing home respite care, whereas they have very few complaints about in home respite care services or cottage respite care.
- Elderly people with cognitive issues, such as dementia don’t cope well with constant change of carers, environment and routine. Going to a nursing home is a massive upheaval for them. Don’t under-estimate the fear that they will feel that they have been permanently placed into a nursing home. Their fear and anxiety will be compounded by your absence. This can commonly mean they ‘act up’ to express their fear and are then medicated with psychotropic drugs to subdue their so called ‘challenging behaviours’, which is just a perfectly normal reaction to being placed into a nursing home.
- After a respite stay in a nursing home your loved one will often return home with an increased level of confusion, aggression, agitation and anxiety. Some people have told us that “dealing with the aftermath of nursing home respite is just not worth the break.”
It’s impossible to book ahead for nursing home respite whereas you can pre-book Daughterly Care in home respite care services.
What are the advantages of in home respite care:
• Your loved one is able to remain in familiar surroundings = feeling safe.
• Your loved one can retain a familiar routine = feeling secure and familiar.
• Your loved one can enjoy meals they enjoy at their preferred time = feeling secure.
• Family members can pop-in to visit or have a meal = feeling connected.
• Your loved one will enjoy personalised in home care by an experienced, highly trained carer with special caring ways = feeling confident.
Need financial assistance to enjoy the benefits of in home respite care?
If you are caring for a spouse or parent with dementia, Parkinson’s disease, MS, motor neurone disease or another chronic condition it is essential your loved one is in receipt of a Government Funded Home Care Package Consumer Directed Aged Care so they can afford dementia support services and you can have regular breaks from your caring role and assistance with their support and care.
You can request your same Daughterly Care carers to supply the care through your Government funded Home Care Package…learn more here.