Bring Me Home From the Nursing Home
Did you (or someone you love) go to a nursing home without trying Live in home Care? Were you (or someone you love) placed into a nursing home without discussing all your options such as, in home care? Were you (or someone you love) told “you have to go to a nursing home, you’re High Care now” without receiving a second opinion? Are you (or they) desperately unhappy and wanting to return home? You don’t have to live with regrets. It’s not too late!
✓ You can leave the nursing home.
✓ And you don’t have to ever go back.
✓ Everyone who has left a nursing home to return to their home in our care, has never returned to the nursing home. They have lived happily at home for all their life.
You can live safely and joyfully in your own home again and stay there for life. Most of the in home care Daughterly Care provides is for clients who have been assessed by ACAT (Aged Care Assessment Team) as “High Care” as Level 3 or Level 4 High Care Needs. We even provide their Palliative Care and End of Life Care.
Any care that can be provided in a nursing home can be provided in your own home, more attentively.
Daughterly Care’s “Take Me Home Team” regularly, and increasingly bring elders home from their nursing homes to live back in their own homes.
It might feel like an enormous challenge or an impossible task to you or your family… but frankly, it’s a “walk in the park” for us… because we specialise in providing aged care for High Care elders and have done so for more than 7,500 families. Remember, we only agree to bring you home after we have visited you in the nursing home and visited your home. So we know we can look after you well.
“Don’t be set up to fail… Let us set you up to succeed”
Jean Parlane, High Care Case Manager for over 21 years
“In our 21 years of experience supporting elders to remain in their homes for life, if you return home from the nursing home, or hospital, with too little care, you will be setting yourself up to fail and then, returning to the nursing home seems ‘the only solution’.
It is far better to have more care upfront to set yourself up to succeed at staying at home for life and then reduce the care once you are re-established.”
The Daughterly Care Live in Care service can:
- pick you up from the nursing home or meet you at your home;
- re-settle you back into your home;
- re-nourish and re-hydrate you (there are high malnutrition and dehydration rates in nursing homes);
- rebuild your confidence;
- help you re-learn daily living skills and re-establish your routine;
- re-build your leg strength;
- our Live in Care may even mean that your care can be reduced to twice a day visits, depending on your care needs; and
- We can Case Manage your in-home care – fully, partially or take direction completely from you.
The next step to leave the nursing home:
- Step 1: Ring our ‘take me home team’ (also called Our High Care Team) to discuss your situation. We will explain the cost and how Live In Care works and you can ask us as many questions as you like – get a feel for whether we are the right people to have on ‘your care team’.
- Step 2: No cost & obligation free consultation – We come and meet you in your nursing home or hospital and we can also visit your home to ensure we can look after you safely there. This is a face to face opportunity to get a better understanding of our service and decide if we are the right people to bring you home.
- Step 3: Fill out the paperwork – (Terms of Business and Direct Debit form) and we’ll bring you home!
- Step 4: Once you are home, we’ll also advise the process to apply for Government subsidised Home Care Package (Consumer Directed Care) to reduce the cost of our Live in Care. The Government was subsidising your accommodation and care in the nursing home and they are also willing to subsidise the cost of your in-home care. Please note: there is a waiting list for a Home Care Package so you need to be able to afford our private in home aged care in full.
Remember, we can solely Case Manage your care or we can ‘work with’ your family or friends or Enduring Guardian and guide them.
Daughterly Care is a premium private elder care provider of a flat fee Live in Care as well as 24 hour in home care service. We are experienced at providing both 24 hour care and 24 hour Live in Care.
So call us for a FREE no obligation chat either in, or outside of the nursing home.
10 June 2015 – Mrs S (daughter) Kiama Downs
We have been extremely satisfied with the care that Mum has received over the past few months especially with the sad circumstances of Brian passing away and we believe the one-on-one care has been very beneficial for Mum.
Eleanor and Katherine are exceptional Live in Carers, compassionate and adaptable to Mum’s needs.
I would like to thank both Eleanor and Katherine personally, if this is ok, and would also be happy to write a testimonial about our experience with Daughterly Care.